Thursday, January 9, 2014

Undies

So for the past month Ollie has basically been potty training himself. I haven't been ready to actually dedicate myself to it but after reading his potty book and thinking it was so funny that the boy goes potty in the toilet rather than his diaper and that his mom and dad and dog and cat all celebrate it that seemed to be enough motivation to want to go in the toilet himself. Well, I can't attribute it all to that, every time he is hungry for some candy or wants my attention he suddenly has to go poo poo. And he never disappoints, he gets in there and gets on the toilet and instructs me to "Sit down" pointing to the edge of the bathtub next to him and then he proceeds to make the funniest faces as he squeezes out farts until he poops. Good times! When Jed is lucky enough to get to go in there and sit with me he starts laughing the minute he sees Ollie making his faces, that really does crack me up hearing Jed laugh at him. His giggles are so cute, and lets admit it no-one can stick out his lips further than Ollie can. And the things he says in the whole process are quite humorous! He really hasn't had any issue going poo and not having to change poopy diapers has been great, but going pee pee has been another thing. We've been pretty casual about it and he can make himself go pee he just doesn't tell me if he has to go pee. So that is our new goal. This week he has been doing better about going pee so today I decided to let him go naked so he could start to better recognize when he has to go...that started our day with peeing in the floor two times in the morning. He got to help me clean it up, but he did make it to the toilet a few times as well. In the afternoon he could his bag of undies in my bedroom and wanted to put them on. I thought, what the heck why not? Mind as well get him excited about them so I let him pick out a pair and put them on. The funny thing is I didn't even get him the right size so they are huge on him but he still loved putting on his first pair of undies and feeling like a big boy. He put them on and then ran to the bathroom and took them off and came back to try on another pair, na na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na na, BATMAN!



He discovered that undies have a hole in them haha!

 
 
 
After I caught him for a few shots he ran off to the bathroom and a few minutes later he appeared back in the bedroom naked ready to try on another pair. He put all of the undies on my bed and then crawled up and sat in the middle of them all excited. He would pick up a pair and ask me which one it was and our conversation as he held up each one for me would go something like this: Me, "Green Lantern" Ollie, "Oh, Green Lantern!"
 
 
 
And then there was the hard choice, which one to try on next?
 


 
After much contemplation...

This one! No...This one!

 
And then he lost interest in picking one, he decided instead to pick up all of them and throw them in the air, and then on Jed...

 
Didn't let him keep throwing them on Jed, but let him have all kinds of fun bouncing around in a pile of undies and throwing them in the air over and over again. Who knew undies could be so exciting!!



 
It's funny how you imagine having a child and how much you will love them, but you can never fathom the simple silly little moments that they will bring every single day! And it is a good thing that they happen so often and that I love him so much because it makes it a lot easier to handle it when he decides to pee on my comforter, and an hour later while the comforter is in the wash he decides to pee on my sheets. At least he was smart enough to use that convenient hole in his undies so that when he peed on the comforter and sheets he didn't get his undies wet, I could still laugh at that! And when Matt and I were laying down to sleep on our bare mattress at least I was able to pull out the pictures of Ollie in his undies so we could have a good laugh together, one more day, one more memory, one day older- how is it going so fast???
 
 

 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment