Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Day

Our original plan was to have breakfast with Jess and then head home on New Years Day, but then Richard put it in Matt's head that we should stay another day and it didn't take any arm twisting for Matt to re-arrange some appointments and make it happen.

It was a lazy morning, exactly the kind you need when you are stretching out the last day of vacation! We decided on donuts and sent Matt out to get some Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, we thought he should get one dozen for all of us to share, he thought he should get two dozen, he came home with two and a half dozen (he had ordered three but in the few miles that it was to drive back to the house he ate 6 glazed donuts!) We all had fun adding up all of his calories and he of course talked about the diet he is going to start...tomorrow!

Jess arrived shortly after Matt got back with the donuts and we had fun hanging out and catching up. Our talking must have made Ollie tired because he fell asleep. Some of his sweetest moments are just holding him and watching him sleep so I wasn't all that disappointed that he fell asleep because then Jess got to snuggle him and take him while he was peaceful.

When he woke up, Ollie was of course was excited to have his play mate and kept Jess busy chasing him around in the house.









Ollie wanted to pop all the balloons we had blown up the night before for our New Year's Eve bash, but we didn't want him waking Jed and scaring the cat so we made him take the balloons outside. He couldn't get enough of them, and it was fun to watch him trotting around with Jess. It warms my heart to see them together and I can only guess what those simple little moments mean to her because I know how very much they mean to me. I suppose that is one of the reasons why I can't help but try to capture them with my camera so we can all hold onto them for just a while longer until we get to see each other again...





Ollie trying to pop the balloon


When it popped he fell down on his head making us laugh out loud!

Ollie calling Jess over to help him pop another one...

Holding it steady


Falling on his head again when it popped haha!

















After a fun afternoon it was time to say goodbye. Ollie was having so much fun that he got upset that Jess was leaving. Sounds silly but it made me smile to see that he was sad to see her go, not because I wanted her to leave or that we won't miss her, but because it shows how much he loves her.


It was sweet because after we said our good byes I took Ollie down and had him take a bath, in the middle of his bath he looked up at me and said "Jessica crying"
 

I wondered what made him say that and I wondered if it was true, all I could think was what a sweet little spirit he must have to sense something like that and how very blessed we are to have Jess in our lives. I will always hate the thought of good-bye, I suppose that is why I always say "see you later!"

One of the other sweet little moments in the day was getting to see baby Jed in his little BYU hat watching football with Matt in the exact same chair Ollie watched football with Matt for the first time two years ago wearing his BYU hat. I just want to eat this little man up, he looked like a perfect little doll!




 
Another fun thing to watch was Ollie hanging out with Uncle Richard...
 
 
 
We finished our New Years Day off by going to see "Saving Mr. Banks" and I was blessed to see one more beautiful sunset over the Provo valley. I will always love that view from their house and I am always a sucker for a good sunset! The end to a wonderfully relaxing day, and the start of a brand new year, can't wait to see what 2014 holds for us!
 
See you next year Frosty!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment