Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Nineteen Weeks Old- Baby Jed



I love this angelic little boy, he really is so sweet. Matt and I say it to each other all the time. He loves attention but he doesn't demand it. When he wakes up he lays in bed just kicking around and looking around but doesn't hardly make a peep and when you peek into the crib to find him laying there wide awake he just lights up with a big smile. It's the cutest thing. Ollie loves to go in with me to get him out of bed. He like to have me put him in the crib with him so he can talk to him and pat him on his tummy and make him laugh and smile. Nothing warms my heart more than seeing those two lovin' every moment with each other!

This past week we've been battling sickness. I had a work retreat last Thursday and Friday and on Wednesday night I was in the boys room changing Jed's diaper when I heard Ollie start crying in my room. I put Jed in his bed, he wasn't really ready to go down so after I left the room he started crying but I couldn't stop and grab him because when I walked into my room I found Ollie sitting in the middle of my bed in a pile of puke- yep all over my comforter, but you overlook that when your baby is crying. I grabbed Ollie and took him to the shower. I got him in and then grabbed Jed who hadn't stopped crying and headed for the shower so I could take care of both of them. It's always a balancing act. I then called Matt to see when he might be able to come home, he thought he could be home in 10 minutes so I prepared myself mentally to hang on for at least 10 more minutes till help could arrive...40 minutes later I was still juggling both boys and poor Ollie kept crying for Daddee- that's when I told him he was never, never coming home! I had been calm up to that moment but with juggling two boys that both needed my attention and knowing I still had a bed to clean up and dinner to make, etc. I just needed Matt and luckily he walked in at that moment...only to tell me he had 15 minutes to get changed and out the door again to meet up with the stake president to go on visits to ward members. I have never felt this way before, but at that moment I felt like I needed him more- luckily he did help me enough to get things mildly under control before he left.

Ollie never got a fever but he did wake up a few more times in the night and Matt was right there to rush him to the sink. Why are they so so sweet when they are sick? I think Jed might have gotten it because he woke up at 4:30am Saturday morning and was fussy and spitting up- but he always spits up so it is hard to tell if he was sick or not because he had no fever, but Ollie never got one either. Matt took care of Ollie on Thursday and since he seemed to be doing better he left him with Mom so he could meet up with me for the retreat. Pretty much Matt got spoiled on Friday while I worked but we had fun at the night time activities and Saturday we got to go on a hike with everyone. It felt good to be outside enjoying the weather and stretching our legs. Our welcome home on Saturday night was Ollie was throwing up all over again. Oh the joys! It really is amazing though how things I never thought I would have ever been able to handle- like throw up- are somehow manageable when it's your sweet little innocent child that is totally dependent on you to take care of them. Not that it's my favorite thing, it's just kind of astonishing that you can love someone so much that you can just deal with it. Those were my lessons for the week.

Back to sweet baby Jed, thought I would share a few shots of his funny little faces...

Love that boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment