Saturday, June 30, 2012

Enjoying Utah Weather

When Saturday rolled around we had to say our good-bye's to Holly and Joe. Hannah tried to convince me to go with them to Montana, she said I could just hide in the trailer, as tempting as it was I had to eventually say no and give her big hugs goodbye. Always wish I had more time to spend with the nieces and nephews! We left Kris' shortly there after to meet up with Katee and Drew and company for a hike. (Katee and Drew always come up on the 4th to visit his family and they were sweet enough to come the weekend before the 4th so they could be at Ollie's blessing on Sunday.) After a bit of a drive we met up with everyone at Provo Canyon Falls. I think I was expecting a hike but it was more like a walk to the falls and then we all got to hang around enjoying the cool weather and each other's company. I did throw on my bathing suit because I saw some other people in the water, but after a quick touch of the water there was no way I was getting in! Despite the cold water the falls were beautiful and there were smiles all around as everyone had a chance to relax and catch up with each other.
Katee and Drew with Laynee (Gherig was too busy playing to stop for a family photo!)

Uncle Rich, Aunt Barbara & Katelyn hanging out with us.

Matt introducing Ollie to the cold water

The cold water didn't stop Gherig from getting in

He loved to slash everyone!

Ollie with a little splash on his face

Buds

Barb & Kate hanging out on the rocks

Gherig taking a break

One huge benefit of having Katee with us was she was willing to pick up the camera and take a few shots. It was so fun to look back and have some pictures of our little family all together, usually it's Matt and Ollie, or me and Ollie loved that she caught all three of us playing!

Practicing standing up
He didn't really walk but we got a step out of him

Time to celebrate!

Tossing him back and forth is always fun.

Look at that belly!

Ollie is good at this, but it still scares me and Matt loves it!

Kate deciding it is too cold to stay in, seriously my legs started loosing feeling just from having my feet in the water!

Snuggling up to Daddy
Our trip to the falls was somewhat short, and since we made the drive out there, at Drew's recommendation we decided to stop at Park City to ride the Alpine Coaster. We went with Richard, Barb & Kate. Barbara was nice enough to spend the afternoon hanging out with Ollie while the rest of us took a ride on the Zipline, and then the Alpine Coaster, and lastly the Alpine Slide. For the first two we had a bit of a wait in lines before we could go, by the second line we at least stopped and got a snow cone and water while we waited. The Zipline was fun-ish, it wasn't scary, it felt more like sitting in a big swing and it was over pretty quick. I flew into the bumper at the end, but Matt on the other hand barely made it (I think that disappointed him).

Then we hit the Alpine Coaster and Drew's recommendation paid off. Matt and I rode on it together and it was thrilling. We didn't put the brakes on at all, just flew through all the twists and turns pretending like we were on our own two man bob sled team. It felt like at moments it was going to tip over and even though we tried to turn into the turns it was hard to do. I screamed the whole way down, not beause I was scared, but just to make it more thrilling and to make the other people that were still being pulled up the hill wonder what was in store for them. Loved it! We nearly walked away from the Alpine Slide, what could beat the coaster? It was getting late and we were all getting hungry but we had the tickets so we went for it. There was no line for the ride, but right before we got on the lift to take us up to it Matt saw some guy walking down his sled all bloodied up and when he asked the lady letting us onto the lift, she said "Oh yeah, that happens daily!" Despite all of that we got on and flew down the hill. It wasn't as fun riding by myself, but Matt was on the track next to me and hard as I tried I couldn't catch up to him. I guess I hadn't been as loose on the brakes as he was at the beginning. Fun stuff.
Kate coming across the finish line

We were all ready to head out for some BBQ, but had a surprise waiting for us in the parking lot. Somehow a tripped alarm on Richard's car kept it from starting. After trying all sorts of things and finally getting a tow truck there, the tow guy gave one last try and got it to start. We found some BBQ on the way home and called it a day- a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment