Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Happily Stranded

Day two in Utah, we woke up to Jake coming home and celebrated by going out to a delicous breakfast. I don't remember the name of the restaurant, all I know is I substituted a scone for a piece of toast and a plate with a huge scone that could have been my entire meal arrived. Matt had the same experience ordering a cinnamon roll- a plate appeared that could have fed six people a cinnamon role a piece! Good stuff. After breakfast we did what Matt loves to do- go look at houses and drive around fantasizing about moving. First stop was Jake's grandmother's house. Jake had to stop by and work on something with the watering system, a leaky valve I think, but before all of that we got a tour of the place. I loved the barn most of all, it was so picturesque. It was old, with a rock basement and weathered wood that nearly covered in green vines. And there was real hay inside, a photographers dream and I didn't get one picture! I think the house sits on 8 acres, and there are the coolest old structures all over it. While Jake got to work we went with Trisha and Davis and explored the property.

I love watching Davis, he is all boy! As soon as we got out in the pasture he headed for the sprinklers and danced around, and then fell and rolled around. Trisha just chuckles- every boy needs a big ol' pasture like that one. There were horses and everything. From the pasture there was a beautiful view of the mountains as well, Matt was in heaven. Poor Ollie, all he has is a pool.

After our tour Ollie woke up and we took him down to meet his first horse! So fun.
First time meeting a horse

Ollie and Davis hanging out

It's was all fn and games until the horse tried to bite Ollies toes! Matt didn't like that.

The boys talking about all the good times they could have together camping out, building forts, and sleding in the pasture.
After the farm, we headed around the corner and went on a walk on the trail behind Lagoon. It felt so good to be outside enjoying the sun and cool breeze. Everyone kept telling us how hot is this year but it felt incredible. (Although we were in the shade mostly and it was still morning.) The trail was fun becuase it is the back side of Lagoon so we could see some of the rides- like the white water rapids ride, and we were able to see some of the animals.



Ollie got to see his first reindeer and it isn't even Christmas time yet!

He also met his first Buffalo.
After our morning excursion we went back to Trisha's for a short time before taking off to meet up with Jess' family to watch Brave. The movie time we were going to was all sold out so we got to hang out and visit outside the theatre for a short while before the next one started. It was fun to see everyone, I love how excited they are to see us and to spend time with Ollie. He is such a lucky kid to be so loved by so many, what an impact he has already made on so many lives. The refreshing morning weather I kept talking about suddenly started to feel hot when I was standing outside in the afternoon sun with black wool shorts on! We weren't out there forever though an I did find some shade and got to hang out with Julien and his cousin while everyone else explored the dancing water or just hung out talking. The movie was fun, since I get to see Ollie all the time I was happy to share him and got to sit back and enjoy the movie. For the last six months we have still been to plenty of movies, but I have also spent plenty of time standing in the hall way with Ollie as well. This time he had his moment in the hall way but I wasn't the one with him, I got to see every minute of the movie. I thought of my niece Macey the whole time, she has been so excited for this movie to come out because she is also an adventerous red-head!

After the movie we headed out to visit Jess at work, she had contemplated calling in so she could go to the movies with everyone, but I admire her for being such a faithful employee and showing up for work. The store wasn't all that busy so she took a break and we got to visit and she got to introduce Ollie to some of her co-worker friends. Oh how I remember working in retail, all of my money went right back to the stores I worked for. Just walking around there I was already eyeing all the stuff I would have happily tried on. It's better to keep me out of malls, then I don't know what I'm missing!

After our visit we were able to catch up with Dad and Linda. It was fun to sit out on their back patio and visit while we once again soaked in the weather- just can't get enough of the cool breezes and actually getting to be outside! Ollie had fun entertaining us all.


After our visit they took us out for dinner at a local cafe. I got the meatloaf and Matt had some delicious chicken dish that they are known for. Good stuff. The stranges thing was when we asked our waitress about their desserts she said she actually hadn't tried any of them becuase the employees aren't allowed to get the desserts. I guess they sell out of their pies and desserts every day so they don't want them going to the employees but that doesn't really help the customers that need a recommendation! In the end we passed up the dessert. We went outside and got a history lesson about what used to be the whore houses and the underground right under our feet. Who would have ever guessed? We stood outside talking for quite some time before we finally had to say goodbye. So good to see Dad and Linda.

No comments:

Post a Comment