Sunday, March 18, 2012

Nathanael gets the Priesthood

Sunday morning we all headed over to go to church with Marcee and Lance bright and early. (Or it just felt bright and early after a late night!) Mom and Dad showed up and got to say hi to Jess, as well as a few of Lance's family. I was glad they got to meet her. Ollie was pretty good through church. There was a cute little girl sitting behind us in sunday school, her Mom commented on what a cutie Ollie is and when I asked how old her daughter was she said six months and I was a little surprised because she seemed the same size as Ollie. I of course went on to try and hook him up with another date in the future because she really was a cutie!

Nathanael's ordination was moved back to after the church meetings instead of during priesthood. He was all smiles and I was so grateful to get to be there for such a special occassion. The first grandson on both sides of his family. I'm so proud of him, he's such a good kid and such a great example to his family, cousins, and friends. I can hardly believe how old he is already, seems like yesterday that he was that cute little baby coming up to visit us at BYU barely learning to walk. I feel so blessed to be a part of his life and to watch him grow. I'm grateful that he still lets me give him hugs and that I can still put my arm around him when we are watching movies. When he was little, after Sandee was born and he was "all grown up" I would trick him into letting me snuggle him by "pretending" that he was a little baby. I would hold him in my arms and rock him back and forth like he was still a little guy and say "little baby, little baby" and then when he would try to talk I would say "hey! Babies can't talk! Your not a baby!" and he would laugh. Don't know what sent me off on that tangent because I know he's way too old to trick now!

After church we headed over to Marcee and Lance's for some brunch. Jess got to sit by papa dad while all the food was getting ready, which meant she got the low down on all 1500 pictures in his iphone! Lol I love papa dad! At the end of it all Jess was able to recite everyone's name in Lance's extended family. I can't even do that. The rest of the day was rest and relaxation. We mostly rested while the kids decided to entertain us with "Shows". It really was entertaining. I love spontaneous fun, reminded me of all the shows we would put together for my parents when we were young. My favorite was little Lilee rapping "Who are you? Hey, Who are you?" to Joshua, who would then respond by saying "Who are you?", back to Lilee "I asked you who are you first so I'm not going to tell you who are me until you tell me who are you!" That show went on for 5 minutes of rapping and dancing. When we told her to come up with something new for her next show she came back and sang a song to Joshua called "Tell me your name". I only captured one show, but here is a little preview:

After that we played games with the kids and then really late at night- like 8:30 late we all got hungry.

Matt was already making some of his home made bread so we decided to make indian fry bread out of the dough. Only problem was we didn't have half of the ingredients to make it at Marcee's so Nathanael and Jess and I made a run to our house. We were also short on bottles so after washing and refilling all the bottles and picking up ingredients we headed back. Nathanael couldn't get over how excited Rocky was to see him and how he was running around like a little puppy and somehow he easily talked me into taking him back to his house with us. Only problem was we had Matt's truck that has a cover over the bed of the truck. There has only been one time that Rocky has ever riden in the front of the truck and that was when he was on his death bed in Mexico. I guess I'm getting used to spoiling him now that Adrianne is gone because I decided it would be fine to let him ride in the truck. When we tried to get him in he started running down the street, Nathanael chased him which I think in turn made him run harder and faster. I ended up driving to the end of the street to pick them both up. Once we got Rocky in the truck the close quarters made me realize how much he smells like a dog right now and we all agreed we weren't going to tell Matt. When we got the the house Matt was a little surprised to see Rocky and asked Nathanael how we got him in the truck (meaning the back of the truck- his only confusion was how Nathanael or I could lift him) when Nathanael told him he jumped in Matt didn't believe him because he hasn't been able to do that for a few years. It of course still wasn't occuring to him that we brought him inside the truck. I knew I would never actually try to keep it a secret from Matt and just laughed as I told him he rode inside. About 10:00 we finally ate! I don't remember much else of the night because I fell asleep and didn't wake up again until 5:30 in the morning when Ollie woke up crying and I woke up the whole house trying to get him his bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment