Thursday, October 18, 2012

Siesta

Tonight I was finishing some work up in the office while Matt made some delicous dinner and got Ollie fed. I thought it was a bit too quite in the kitchen, and when I went in there I found out why. Ollie had fallen asleep while he was eating!
 
Poor little guy must have been all tuckered out. I managed to get his tray off without waking him up.
 
And then I got his bib off too, but I didn't think I should move him, so I laid back the chair, rolled it into our room and let him sleep in it where we could watch him. I guess they call the high chair a Siesta for a reason!
 
 
When he woke up Matt and I spent the evening playing with him in his room. Matt fell asleep on the floor during out play time, but Ollie still thought that was fun because he pulled himself up to a standing position next to him and slapped away on his back. He is getting pretty good at standing. Matt said he stood for like 20 seconds on the bed tonight, and last night while he was practicing standing he moved one foot forward before he sat/fell down. We keep hoping he will start walking when Jess is here next week, I know it's on her agenda to help him practice it!
 
The only problem with his early evening Siesta was when it came time for his normal bed time he was still wide awake. I put him down anyway and 40 minutes later he finally fell asleep. I think that is a record. I left him in there a few times during the ordeal, but in the end I held him while he whimpered himself to sleep in my arms while I sang to him along with his bedtime music playlist. It's still hard to believe how big he is getting. He looks gynormous in the pictures. One of the songs I sing him says "Grow up now, my darling. But please don't you grow too fast" that is my secret prayer every night, which is why I don't mind holding him and cuddling him when he can't fall asleep because he won't be so little forever. Sweet dreams my little prince of peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment