Saturday, October 13, 2012

Just Ollie and Me

It's Saturday and Matt is so busy with work that today it was just Ollie and me hanging out while I tried to get chores done around the house, he was a good distraction! I found him trying to play ball with his big old puppy Rocky. I think Rocky enjoys Ollie's company, he lets him do whatever he wants and Ollie loves to be near him.
 
My bright eyed wanting a closer look at the camera.
 
 
I didn't even set this pose up, Ollie just crawled over to play with his rocking horse and then saw Rocky sitting there and decided to try and play with him again instead.
 
 
 
Ollie picks up any little thing he sees on the floor so I feel like I am constantly cleaning it. Today he found a leftover Cheerio.
 
 
This is him admiting that he ate it...
 

And a big smile for Momma when he got away with it, I love his crazy teeth!
 
 
Later on he found some glasses that weren't where they were supposed to be. I helped him put them on, but he took them right back off, not his style :)
 
 
Somehow our microwave just stopped working, it says the door is open even though it isn't so I pulled out my ipad to get on the Internet and do some research. Ollie wasn't having that. I am trying to keep him away from electronics for many reasons, but I finally gave in and let him draw, no flashy game, just his creativity at work.
 
 
I haven't gotten around to getting any plastic plates for him yet, and at dinner time I made the mistake of serving him a meal on one of our plates. It crossed my mind that I shouldn't but I had to cut things up and it seemed harmless enough to let him pick up his food off it. (He practically refuses to eat anything from the spoon anymore. He starts protesting by sticking his tounge out and spitting. I try to be stern and say no when he does it but Matt and I both have to look away after we say no because it always makes me laugh.) I forgot of course that he would try and pick the plate up as well. I was sitting right next to him when he did it, it felt like slow motion as I saw him grab it and all at once dump it off the opposite side of where I was sitting. Our first broken dish.
 
I guess I'm a little OCD because that set me on a cleaning rampage that lasted for the next five hours. I took every chair outside and moved every piece of furniture and pulled out my floor cleaner to scrub the tile, which ended up extending to the tile in the rest of the house. I also got the stainless steel and my stove all polished up. Then Matt finally made me quit so we could go out to dinner with some friends. After all that I went to bed happy for another ordinary but wonderful day chasing around Ollie. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment