Sunday, April 1, 2012

14 Weeks Old

Ollie is getting stronger every day, he sits up pretty well now (he still can't just sit there alone, but in the bumbo or when you are holding him you can tell how strong he is getting). However, he's still not into doing tummy time. He made us laugh this week when we put him on his belly and tried to help him by at least placing him on the boppy so his head was already somewhat in the air. That didn't last long, he started kicking and pushed himself forward until his face was straight into the covers. He has also started to roll a little. I'm actually not encouraging the whole rolling over thing, him ending up on his face scares me, but it is still fun to see him making progress. He has only gotten as far as rolling onto his side. He laughs more and more every day, but this week he has also cried longer and louder than I've ever heard him before. That has thrown me off a little, I can't figure out if it's because I'm spoiling him or if it's because he is teething? But the crying is by no means constant and his big smiles make me forget the few times he's a little bugar! When I went to take his pictures this week as soon as I sat him down, literally before I even got the camera up or had even tried to smile at him or make my funny noises he started putting on a show with big smiles, it almost seems that he must know that when he sits next to his bear I'm going to try and make him smile. We put him in his Hawaiian outfit because we just finished booking his first trip to Hawaii this week. We're going at the end of April for Matt's birthday. Should be interesting traveling with a baby, but can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment