Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Stepping Stool = Trouble!

I've tried to keep Ollie involved in every little thing I have to do for Jed. He loves playing the big brother part and has been a little helper by throwing away diapers, helping me get bottles (he loves to shake them and run them back to Dad or whoever is feeding him), he helps me collect dirty bottles and this week I pulled out an old stepping stool so he could stand on it and help me wash bottles. The only problem is now that he has discovered that the stepping stool can get him to new heights he has found that there are lots of undiscovered things for him to get into. We are in trouble now! Today I found him using it to get into a new drawer where he found odd things like an orange juicer and a top to a funnel that both seemed to make for great microphones. I had to laugh out loud when he put them in his mouth and started shouting who knows what at the top of his lungs. How does his creative little mind come up with these things?



As soon as I even said his name he knew he had something he shouldn't and he ran away giggling, he loves to have you chase him and here he is daring me to take a step towards him because as soon as I do his giggly little self is going to make a mad dash to get away! I think he is taking advantage of the fact that he knows I'm not going to pick him up right now either.


He made it out to the courtyard and I was happy to let him play outside while I worked on getting some dishes done. While he loves to have attention and to have you right there with him, he is also good at finding ways to entertain himself. I couldn't help but smile as I heard him marching around chanting who knows what as loud as he could into his "microphone"

Then he found a stick which only made it all the more fun to run around with, sword fighting whatever he could find!


 

When he made his way back inside he took his stool over to another drawer- the silverware drawer. This time he pulled out a spoon and said "Cookie?" Smart little guy, I knew exactly what he meant and where he learned that from!



Every night Matt gets a spoon and gets a huge scoop of cookie dough and eats it right off the spoon, he shares it with Ollie too. So I can't be that surprised that he wants me to make him his own spoon full of cookie dough, such a smart kid and I'm a sucker! At least it is some crazy gluten free cookie dough that Matt is obsessed with from Costco haha!


When Daddee came home later he shared a bite of his with him too. (Only because Ollie ate a lot of his green beans!)

Ollie definitely keeps me on his toes, wondering what tricks he is going to teach this sweet little burrito of mine and how I am ever going to keep up with both of them! He is right on the verge of giving me some real smiles and I can't wait to see them ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment