Sunday, October 27, 2013

First Smiles! Seven Weeks Old- Baby Jed

6:51 am I just fed and changed Jed and had him all snuggled up in my arms. Looking down at him I said "Are you my little buddy?" And he broke into a big smile!!! We had a whole little conversation for a few minutes, me talking and him smiling back. Even though he has given me little smiles before I'm counting today as his first official day of smiling because they were so big and he was so responsive that it is undeniable. I hope he has a lot more of them coming. I asked him if that was his present to me for getting up to feed him and sitting here in the dark I'm so happy I was the one to get up so I didn't miss our special little moment. He also went 6.5 hrs before waking up to eat last night. He sucked down 3oz in 7 minutes which has to be a record for him and he was still fussy so I gave him another 2oz which he sucked down in another 4 min. 5oz total- that is a new record! And then he went another 4.5 before eating again, what a good little boy :)

Today is also his first day going to church! I didn't plan on waiting until he was nearly 7 weeks old but surgery put me back a bit and it was easier to keep him home with me, so it was exciting to finally get to go. Everything went great, he slept most of the time but he still got lots of attention. Only hang up was somehow I forgot to make sure he had diapers in the diaper bag but luckily we survived!








Since he was all dressed up I went ahead and took his 7 week old pictures a day early- mind as well commemorate his first day of church with his teddy!



No comments:

Post a Comment