Sunday, July 21, 2013

Just another Sunday!

One thing I hate is discovering clothes that I have for Ollie that he has grown out of before I remember to pull them out. My friend Maggie gave me the cutest little Quiksilver shirt when Ollie was born, and for some reason I thought it was a 24 month shirt, but luckily I pulled it out today in time to realize it is an 18 month shirt and fits him perfectly. I thought he looked like the cutest little man in it, all grown up. One of our friends at church even commented on how big he is getting telling us tomorrow he will be in college- I hope it doesn't go that fast! Still lovin' every minute and every new experience with him. I always do his hair before church too, but so many kids are in love with this little guy that it is too hard for them to resist patting his head- oh well! He has now survived 4 whole weeks of nursery. Here he is making a run for it in the gym where we always go to find Daddee putting away chairs after church.

 
Last ones out, Little man looking all grown up as he helps Daddee do a final walk through...

 
One of our favorite Sunday traditions is to go on walks and visit neighbors and friends. Usually we have to take a break from our walks in the summer, it's just too hot. But with all the rain the last few days the weather was actually nice enough to escape the house. And as a fun surprise the sprinklers were all turned on. We saw some kids running through them having a great time. Matt and I both recalled how that was all we ever needed in the summer time growing up- good memories! Matt caught a pic of me trying to run through them without getting wet. Didn't quite make it, but it felt good!

 
 
We were enjoying our leisurely walk when Matt could contain himself no longer. He ditched the sidewalk and made a mad run with Ollie in the stroller through the grass, getting sprayed by sprinklers all along the way. I don't know why I thought it was so funny- just one of those simple little moments that made me smile!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment