Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July

I have to admit that Matt and I woke up a little depressed about the fact that we were spending the 4th of July in Arizona. It is one of my favorite holidays. Growing up I always loved summer nights and watching the fireworks, always getting a little choked up as I heard "I'm proud to be an American" playing while the sky lit up. And on top of that the 4th of July also marks the first time Matt ever kissed me. It was in Nashville, TN after watching fireworks we headed back to the house to hang out and decided to stop and pick up some cookie dough on the way. We had our own little fireworks when he kissed me in the cookie dough aisle in the grocery store. We had hoped to be in Utah this year but plans just didn't work out, something about being a responsible adult! It felt like everyone else we knew was posting pics in Utah, Colorado, or California and we were a wee bit jealous!

Instead of moping around we decided to make the most of it. We pulled ourselves out of bed and headed over to Kneaders for some breakfast- thank goodness they opened that place! The line was super long but it was worth the wait and lets face it, we had nothing else to do!
 
All their cute stuff made it feel a bit more like the 4th...


 
We had to wait a while for our food, that is when we turn to Ollie for entertainment, making him do silly things like show us his "Tumbie"

 
And his belly button, I don't know why that is so cute!

 
As soon as he sees me taking pictures he always wants to see them now...

 
Feeding Daddee is always fun too!

 
And his latest favorite thing to do is show us the food in his mouth!

 
French toast was worth the wait!

 
I remember walking out of Kneaders and seeing some beach cruisers lined up outside, I looked at Matt and said "We should be surfing and riding bikes on the boardwalk right now." We were both missing California and the beach! The rest of the afternoon wasn't super eventful. Matt always loves driving around looking at houses, since we had the time I went along for the ride. That night we headed to Dale and Jodee's, even though they didn't have the kids they invited any family that was in town and a few of their friends over for a swim party. Jodee went all out and must have worked on all the decorating and fun fourth of July foods all day! 
 




We had good times swimming, eating, and playing games. And no, we never did make it to any fireworks, it was just too hot! But it was still a pleasant day. There is always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment