Sunday, July 14, 2013

Crawling out of his crib for the first time

Today I put Ollie down for a nap, went in the office and shut the door and after a short amount of crying I heard little feet running down the hall. I was shocked to go out and find Ollie out of his crib! I marched him back to the room and put him back in his crib and sat there and watched as he cried and then decided to take things into his own hands again when I wouldn't respond. He started by throwing his blankets out- he wouldn't be able to stand being separated from them. (Yes, I did say blankets, he is a hoarder and if he sees any of his blankets he has to have it, even if he is already holding two or three!)
 


I then watched him move to the end of the bed where he held on and pulled himself up.

 
It was terrifying to watch, he was all laid out on the edge of the rail in the superman position teetering, and it had to hurt! I ran over to spot him and just as I did he dropped himself down...
 
 
First to where his feet were on the bottom of the rails, and then he made his way to the floor.

 
Amazing. All I could think was oh great, how am I ever going to get him to take a nap now! And then I realized I can lower the bed one more time, I just need Matt's help to do it! So today he didn't have to take any naps in his own bed, I couldn't stand the thought of him trying to get out again and breaking a leg this time. Instead he stayed up later than he should have and snuck out to get into mischief when I wasn't looking. He loves to take a part my purse and I guess I left it low enough for him to get to because when I went in to find out why he was so quiet he looked up at me with a big grin and reached his arms out wide open for me to give him a hug, that is when I saw the gum in his mouth and the other piece he was still trying to open in his hand- little bugar!
 
Here are a few videos for the record books- his first time getting out of the crib (as much as I could stand to watch before running over to him), and his first time chewing gum! Trouble is here!
  



No comments:

Post a Comment