Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Nearly Recovered

The last few months of my life have been somewhat crazy. I know there is always something going on to keep me busy but it has been a while since I have taken so long to recover, so it must have been more overwhelming than usual for me to want to crawl in bed and sleep for a week or two- hibernation sounded really good! This is why there have been no posts in a while, but tonight I am finally feeling my life coming back into control, mostly because I finally woke back up and decided to take control and put things back into order. So what has been going on:

Ollie- first I have to write about this precious little boy of mine. I quit taking pictures of him every month next to his teddy bear once he hit one, but I realized that ever time I posted his picture I got to write about him- meaning his development, personality, etc. instead of just the events happening. I miss that because I want to look back and remember the little things, when they started, etc. So as of late here is what I can say about Ollie. He loves to imitate anything you do, and he loves to make you laugh and sometimes these two go hand in hand. Like making a funny face and then laughing at him when he tries to make it himself! It can be a bad thing though, like the other day I couldn't find my keys and I was running late and feeling all this stress to get out the door so after much searching I started stomping around the house angrily saying "where are the stupid keys?!" and then I heard Ollie come into the room and yell out behind me gibberish into the air as loud as he could and I realized he was imitating me- part of me laughed because he was so funny and then I realized how pathetic I was for letting him see me get angry over keys and prayed he would forget how to yell into the air! He has also become quite a Momma's boy. This is both a good and bad thing. It melts my heart that he wants me all of the time, and it breaks my heart that he cries when I leave now, but most of all it makes it hard to get anything done when he wants me to hold him all the time! So as much as I love cuddling him and appreciate that he feels such a need to be near me, it can't be a good thing that he can't just play with his toys every now and then. That is when I think of how much fun it will be for him to have a little brother or sister- life is a lot less boring with siblings. I still laugh when I think about how I had friends that would come over and just sit on the couch and watch the chaos going on in my house full of 8 kids. To them it was better than watching tv- always someone to entertain us! Still praying for our next little miracle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment