Thursday, July 12, 2012

Here kitty kitty!

Missy and I have a love hate relationship. She showed up at our back door a nearly three years ago and I was the one to rescue her from the dogs, they chased her across the yard and she fell into the jacuzzi, somehow swam out of it and I picked her up soaking wet before the dogs got to her, but it was Matt that really let her stay. I left town the next day for work with instructions for him to get rid of her, but by the time I got home they were best buds, he let her snuggle up with him on our bed while I was gone and she has been with us ever since. She is a sweet cat, but there are things that come along with having a cat that I hate, namely it is the fur, she throws up a lot, and there is a the cat liter. Nearly every day the things I hate start to out weigh the things I like about her and I threaten to get rid of her. But if that is to be done it needs to be done soon because little man has taken an interest in her, he gets excited and squeals when she is near and I'm afraid he is going to get attached and then there will be one more reason for me to keep her. Of course Ollie in his innocence isn't all that kind to her so it may be an act of compassion for me to find her a new home before he really starts to terrorize her! Surprisingly she takes him rather well and actually lets him grab all over her.

Today when he woke up from his nap I sat him in the office with me on the couch, which happens to be Missy's favorite place to hang out so it wasn't long before she appeared. I couldn't help but stop and grab the camera to capture her encounter with Ollie.

Holding hands/paws

What are those things poking out of your face?

You can't get away from me!


New best bud

Ollie's face when he sees Missy


She's so soft he can't resist touching her

Hasn't quite learned how to pet, he just grabs her fur and somehow she tolerates it.

But then he went for the tail and that put her over the edge and she was gone

Ollie with a mouth full of fur...he thought it was funny

Thinking about what to do next now that his bud is gone

An idea must have popped into his head

And he must have liked it...

What did you say?

Why didn't I think of that before?

Tired face

Diapers can be entertaining

And then there are these things on his feet he hasn't figured out yet

Another yawn

Done with self discovery, time to see what that thing over there is all about

From sitting, to getting ready to crawl.

So fun to watch him exploring and learning new things every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment