Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Brothers and Bottles

Other than watching Matt with the boys, there is nothing else that makes my heart swell to point of nearly bursting than seeing these two best buddies together! 

Ollie is finally sleeping in his own bed in his own room (that has been an ongoing saga since he discovered how to climb out of his crib shortly after Jed was born). The next habit to break is "tinsy bottle." If I would admit to my pediatrician that he still drinks from a bottle he would probably strangle me (he stopped asking like a year ago!) Ollie knows he is too old for it, I laughed one day when his cousins were coming over to swim and he heard them at the door and all of the sudden he took the bottle out of his mouth and wanted me to hide it! (He didn't want them to know he was still a baby.) If I tell him he's a big boy though when he wants "tinsy bottle" he nearly cries back "No! I'm not a big boy!" And then there is tinsy bottle itself. He refuses to drink milk out of anything but a bottle, and that was bad enough but now he refuses to drink any bottle other than "tinsy bottle." About a month ago he must have decided that it wasn't okay for him and Jed to share the same bottles and we have just one bottle that is different from all the rest, it is smaller so when asking for it I guess it made sense for him to describe it to me as "tinsy bottle" and he has called it that ever since. 

Tonight Ollie wanted to lay in his bed and have tinsy bottle, but that wasn't enough, when he saw me bring Jed in with his bottle he insisted that I lay him down with him. The lights were out and they were nestled in Ollie's bed watching a movie, but I couldn't help interrupting them with a few flash pictures so they will always know they were buds from the start (and so I can tease him about tinsy bottle some day!)


No comments:

Post a Comment