Monday, February 3, 2014

Potty Training Continued

Ollie basically taught himself to go poo poo in the potty, since I wasn't really ready to train him early December I just told him if he could have a candy every time he went poo poo in the potty and I guess that was motivation enough because he has with very few exceptions done it ever since. The only problem is he has eaten way too much candy, he likes to pick the candy out himself and tries to sneak two nearly every time. When I tell him he has to put one back he reaches his arms out and with a big smile says "hug!" thinking if he gives me some good loves I will forget that he has taken two! When I get the other one back from him he will finish his piece and then moments later tell me he has to go again. He's too smart, so we have had to change his motivation. Grandma was wise enough to pick up some Mickey Mouse stickers (Mickey Mouse Club House is his favorite show) and now we are working on making sure he isn't just going poo poo but that he goes pee pee. He can do it, it's just a matter of staying on top of him and making sure he does do it. There have definitely have been moments where we have struggled with each other but he is so close and I pretty much blame it on myself because I haven't fully committed the time, it's still too easy to keep him in a pull up. Saturday I decided to concentrate on getting him over this last hump and even with going out of the house for 5 hours he had a perfect day- not one accident and he he used the toilet every time. But then there was Sunday, I wasn't quite ready to let him go to church in undies so he decided to pee in his pull ups instead of telling me, and today we are back to keeping him naked all day so he can move onto undies and we can be done with all this! Here is my sweet boy showing off all his stickers he has earned today, and that nose of his that for the last few weeks won't stop running!


No comments:

Post a Comment