Tuesday, February 18, 2014

First Surf Lesson

Matt and Ollie have been heating up the spa for the last few nights so they can go take a swim. Tonight I was so proud of Ollie- he went and put on his swimsuit all by himself and even had both legs in the right holes and it wasn't backwards. The only problem was it wasn't his swimsuit it was some basketball shorts but Oh Well! It was still his first time successfully dressing himself by himself in anything and we can celebrate that. He was pretty motivated to do it because neither one of us were making a move to go swimming but once he got himself all ready how could Daddee resist?

I for whatever reason haven't felt inclined to get into a swimsuit and join them, and I was feeding Jed when Ollie got himself ready so I opted out. Although tonight I did come close and they looked like they were having so much fun. A little while after they were out there splashing around Matt showed up at the bedroom door insisting that I hand over Jed for his first swim. Ollie started taking swims with Matt at 3 months old and when he was 4 months he flew to Kauai to touch the ocean for the first time, so I guess at 5 months old Jed was a bit overdue! Enough was enough I had no more excuses so tonight goes down as his first official time in the pool. Here is his very first dip in the water...




He loved it!
 
Ollie was already excited to jump in and splash him

Watching Daddee teach him tricks!


My happy boys

Learning to float

The first time Matt did this to Ollie it freaked me out but I've gotten over that fear, Jed went under water and held his breath perfectly, not even a cough coming up!
 
Love that smile :))

Favorite pic of the night, little surfer already stretching his arm out to catch a wave!
 
First surf lessons
 
This was a special night for us, not just because we're here with the boys enjoying the simple moments, but because seeing Jed on a surfboard (well ok it's a paddle board) reminds me of his first parents. It's funny the things that connect or draw birth parents to the family they place with, but it's so special sharing some of the same likes, hopes and dreams. Sarah and Dallin were both doing their own searching for Jed's family and all along we were simply praying that if he was meant to be with us that they would both have their own confirmation of that. Sarah shared with me that she finally decided to contact me after Dallin told her that he found the family. She asked who they were and he said something to the effect of "I don't remember their names but they have a picture of their baby on a surfboard in their profile" and Sarah of course knew exactly who he was talking about :) So tonight Dallin this post is for you, little Jed's way of thanking you for helping him find his surfboard!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment