Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Be my Valentine!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Matt surprised me and took Ollie and I out on the town. We went to Roy's for my favorite dish- Butterfish! They had a rose waiting for me. It was the first time taking Ollie out that it felt like we were eating alone. First there was a poopy diaper- I took him out the truck to change him because I just assumed Roy's wasn't going to have a changing table. After getting back he got a little fussy and instead of interupting all the couple's around us Matt took him to the foyer, so I sat and ate my meal alone :( Not the usual romantic Valentine's but oh well! We still made the effort and having Ollie still makes it the best Valentine's ever!


We were about to head home afterwards but decided we still had enough time to watch a movie- I wanted to see "The Vow". We got in and weren't diappointed- I loved it! Ollie did pretty well, he has yet to cause a big scene, but we're still a little anxious to jump up and get by the door every time we think he might just wake up and be fussy, so we did both take a turn holding him while standing off to the side, but still worth going. After the movie I surprised my boys with a box of chocolates (Valentine's wouldn't be the same without it! Matt and I look forward to sharing a box every year.) and both of them got their own Valentine's cards. (OK, it was a last minute thing that I picked up on the way home, but with all the craziness of the last week Matt excused me.) We wrote Ollie a little card telling him how much we love and adore him and how much we're looking forward to every Valentine's day with him, I'm going to save up all his cards for him to look back on and hopefully know how much we love him. We also took some time to send Jess a pic of her little Valentine- I'm sure Ollie would have enjoyed having her along as his date! Here is the little guy with his card and my Valentine treats.

When we were done taking Ollie's pictures Missee went crazy on the rose. She is seriously obessed with roses, I can't really keep them around the house because she eats them! She devoured this one, but we got a lot of entertainment out of her in the process.



No comments:

Post a Comment