Sunday, December 29, 2013

Church & Egg Rolls

Matt and I had the treat of visiting with Aunt Evelyn and Uncle Richard at Trisha's house before heading off to church with Trisha, Jake and the boys. Church was a bit of an adventure, we ended up on the second row and Ollie and Davis were learning to share their toys, they both wanted what the other had which ended up making them happy with an exchange. I ended up having to take Ollie out though, he was tired of being in the row and tried to make a break for it. While we were out in the foyer he let me know that he needed to go poopy so we headed to the bathroom, I had my keys and Davis' Lightning McQueen car that Ollie had traded him for and not wanting to put them on the bathroom floor, I opted to put them on the back of the toilet. As soon as I turned around to try and help Ollie onto the toilet Lightening McQueen made a run for it and I stood there with my mouth open in disbelief as I looked down and stared at Lightening McQueen sitting at the bottom of the toilet. I tried to think of any other way but there was no choice, I had to suck it up and do it...at least it happened before Ollie had done his business. Next visit was to the sink where Lightening McQueen got a car wash and my hand got a good scrubbing. Anyone that knows my hatred of public bathrooms might understand what a huge deal that was for me, all I could think about was about a story our friend Cameron told at Christmas about a man that unclogged the toilet for him with his bare hands- and it wasn't one that is kept nice and clean like the church ones, it was a gas station toilet. Somehow thinking of that story made it bearable but what does that say about me- these are the ranks I have joined- I'm on the list of people that have put their hand in a public toilet AAAAAHHHHH! I'll stop thinking about it now.

The one cool thing about church was that the building we were meeting in was the building where Primary was first established. After sacrament meeting Jake took us around for a tour and we got to see the original chapel. It really is a beautiful old building.




After church we packed up and said our good-byes, hate that we aren't right around the corner it was so fun having the boys together and we always love our time with Trisha and Jake, but it was time to head south for the next part of our adventure.

We made it to Barbara and Richards, and one of the first things we found was our bed that we stay in all covered with treats and BYU gear for the boys. They both got PJs, football jerseys and a new sweatshirt, I love putting the boys in their BYU blues! Upstairs Richard was teaching Matt how to make his famous egg rolls...






After a delicious dinner we got to enjoy the boys and each other's company. This was their first time meeting baby Jed and Barbara was happy to help feed him and give him snuggles.

Ollie was excited to look out over the valley and point out all the "Krispo Lights" (there are very few words he can't pronounce but Christmas is one of them, I love it though it makes me laugh every time, probably because he is also so excited every time he says it!)



And then he spent the rest of the night entertaining us...

So fun to be back in the house we spent his first few weeks of life in just two years ago!



No comments:

Post a Comment