Sunday, September 22, 2013

Just another typical day!

It was a PJs and diapers kind of day today. As much fun as it is having a newborn and a toddler, it is also a lot of work and it's still a bit hot outside so putting clothes on everyone gave me one less thing to worry about! Probably the biggest challenge is keeping an eye on Ollie. Every time I turn around he is into something or trying to "take care" of his little brother. And inevitably if I'm trying to feed Jed or change his diaper Ollie either needs me or is crawling all over me to help. And if I'm trying to tend to Ollie it will suddenly be time to feed Jed. As soon as I get Ollie down for a nap, Jed will wake up making it hard for me to find time to do things like feed myself! But I know this is just a short phase of our lives and in between all the madness there are plenty of moments where I laugh out loud at Ollie because he is so dang cute and says and does the funniest things right now, or that I look at Jed and just want to freeze him in time because he is so precious!

Checking on baby brother

A little love <3

Ollie reading books to his brother

Jed just chillin'- he hardly makes a peep and likes to just observe

Ollie playing a little drama- the book wasn't exciting enough!

When he got to the monkey he wanted to dance around (on the book) to show us what monkeys do.

Since I am always cleaning up after Ollie's messes, and since I am constantly cleaning the house in between the feedings, changings, etc. I've enlisted Ollie's help. He loves to sweep so I took a few bars out of the Swiffer to make it Ollie size and put him to work!

He got his favorite snack for helping out, I really didn't even need to give him that though because the big smiles were not for the snack, he likes to play games like run away from me with the Swiffer giggling and waiting for me to chase him. I caught him!

Why not crawl under Jed when he's trying to sleep?

Or tickle his toes?

He's dangerous with his nails right now so the gloves are on!

We had someone bring us dinner tonight and Ollie heard her say there were cookies, before she was even out the door I I heard him say "cookie" and found that he had crawled up on the counter and extracted the cookies from the bag of food they brought over!
 
And then there is Daddee time! Ollie thinks he can already wrestle Jed and we are constantly on guard telling him to be soft!

He just can't resist being near him

Cute boys :)

Loves for brother
My favorite moment of the whole day was when Matt sat Jed up and Ollie went to blow on his tummy Jed kind of slumped over on him and was nibbling on his ear (he must have been hungry!) Ollie got the giggles and couldn't stop laughing! Cutest thing ever. Just another typical day!
Nibbling on Ollie's ear

No comments:

Post a Comment