Friday, August 9, 2013

Girls Night Out

After a crazy last few weeks I was ready for a girls night out! By Thursday night I had finally tidied up all my plans for our big night, but there were still a few errands to be run on Friday. Being the first to head out I sent the following pics to the girls to get everyone as excited as I was!
(I obviously think I'm a gangster)


I can only blame my mood on my red lipstick, which I actually blame Ollie for. He basically destroyed 3 tubes of lipstick in the last few weeks. Just yesterday I found him destroying another brand new tube!



With no good lipstick left I had to resort to the makeup I have laying around that I purchased for things like dressing up or Valentine's party games. Oh well, let the fun begin! I ran out the door with a short list of errands. My favorite errand was stopping by to see Nick and Thad so I could get Sarah a souvenir shirt from their store. With everything in place I headed out to drop everything off at the hotel and then meet up with Sarah. I walked from the hotel to the mall in 110 degree weather- I was melting! That's what I get for wearing pants in the summer in Arizona!

We met up and then got busy catching up and shopping! Sarah helped me pick out prizes for some of the games we were going to play that night. We were also on a mission to find two baby outfits- one that she will keep, and one that I will bring him home in. We had little luck with that mission though. It really is amazing how hard it is to find a cute baby boys newborn outfit, we saw a few good things but nothing was exactly right. In the midst of trekking all over the mall we ended up by NightRider so we got to stop in and see their new pieces and try on a few rings. When our feet were both killing us and we were done with all the baby clothing stores we finally gave up when I spotted Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. My favorite! We went in and walked out with 7 caramel apples and a box of chocolates (and a big fat receipt!) Sarah had never had their caramel apples before so we took a break and ate one together- delicious!

Other memory from the mall- after we left NightRider Sarah gave me a locket- it says "Always" on the outside. I love it! So thoughtful of her and I can't wait to put some pictures in it. She has a matching one and also picked up a little surfboard charm to go with hers- so cute! In one of the stores when we were checking out the lady behind the counter was talking it up with Sarah telling her how cute she is and asking when she is due, and what she was having and what she was going to name him. Sarah didn't skip a beat telling her his name and that she was placing him with me. When the lady put it all together she was surprised no doubt and asked if we knew each other before. We told her we didn't and just briefly that Sarah had found our profile. She was so excited for us and so touched she nearly started crying! She went on to tell us how lucky we were that we get along so well. We know what a blessing that is :)

After the mall we headed over to the hotel, I still had to throw the prizes together. Sarah and I were sitting at in the hotel lobby putting the prize bags together when Marcee and Jodee showed up to check in. There were hugs all around and then we had to dump the prize bags with them and run over to meet everyone for dinner, we were already 5 minutes past our reservation.

When we got to the restaurant Cindie (my friend from way back in middle school in Tennessee) and Sarah's Mother (Jennifer) were already there. I love Sarah's Mom, she is so super sweet and I feel so blessed to know her and to feel so loved and supported by her. I was super excited for her and Sarah to meet the family! Once we were seated I immediately regretted my restaurant choice, they had our table right behind the bar and it was so loud in there I felt like I was screaming across the table and had to keep asking everyone to repeat what they were saying! But the food was not disappointing. Everyone arrived soon after us, it was so fun to have them meet Sarah and her mother and get to know them (as best they could in a loud restaurant!) One of the funniest things was hearing that Michelle had planned on just showing up in her pajamas because she was spending the night, I guess the picture I sent out to get everyone excited made her double think that plan! Part of me wishes she had shown up in pajamas, I kept cracking up just thinking about it!

Cindie and I snuck out of dinner a little early, I hadn't had a chance to set anything up yet since I hadn't even been up to the room so we headed over to get everything ready. There wasn't a ton to do, just some rearranging so everyone would have a place to sit, and then laying out the desserts and candy, the games and prizes, etc.







When everyone arrived I got them busy filling out prediction sheets for baby Jed, writing 2 truths and a lie about themselves (one of which had to be something embarrassing that happened when they were pregnant or a funny story when they delivered), and I had everyone take pictures. The twist with the pictures was you had to pull a card that told you what 3 expressions to make and the 4th expression was just a big question mark with the title "Crazy Face!" I'm going to embarrass myself and everyone else by posting these, but they were too good to keep to myself!












I'm pretty sure I won the craziest face- it really is scary looking! With pictures done we all sat around laughing about our predictions for Jed and telling embarrassing stories while we filled out our two truths and a lie sheets. My favorite was looking over while we were taking pictures and seeing Sarah writing about Jed's future right on top of him- so cute!




Cindie read all the sheets for two truths and a lie and there were quite a few that had us hard belly laughing- I will refrain from sharing them because what happens on girls night stays at girls night! Natalie won the prize for being the last person to have not been guessed by someone else (we had to go around guessing who wrote what, and if you were guessed you were out). Sarah won the prize for calling out the most lies on the cards. I actually had another game planned, it was sure to produce some craziness (a scavenger hunt specifically designed for the W with all kinds of daring tasks to complete and they had to be documented on film) but it got too late to even think about playing it so we have set it aside for another time and I was completely ok with that. Before those that were leaving snuck out we got some group pictures- always my favorite! I have to also give a shout out to my sister Hydee that wasn't able to make it due to an extended vacation- we missed you!






This is the cousin picture- Natalie and Carrie are also pregnant with boys! Natalie is due in September and Carrie in December, so excited for our three boys to grow up together!


Strange as it may sound before everyone headed out we had a family prayer. It wasn't something that had been pre-planned but it felt right to do it at the moment. After having a good time, it was nice to kneel together and thank Heavenly Father for bringing us all together. Jodee said it and I can't recall all the words but I know our hearts were all full of gratitude for Sarah and her mother and the enormous sacrifice that is being made for our family. Words can never express what that means to not only me, but to all of us. I was grateful beyond measure that we all had this night together. I am always amazed, speechless really as to why I am so blessed. I have done nothing to deserve any of it. I'm glad to have another best friend and to be so loved and supported by my family and friends is truly a gift. Jodee walked back inside the hotel room after saying goodbye to Sarah and she too commented on how amazing it is that she and her family (and all of my family) have prayed for so so many years for Matt and me to have a baby and here we are once again watching the miracle happen!

Baby Jed, I hope that someday when you get to look at these pictures you will see in our eyes how very much we all love your first mother and grandmother, they are so special to us and they will always be a part of you! I hope that you also see the love this big huge family has for you- they prayed you here and celebrated the miracle that you are to all of us!

Good night Sweetheart!
XOXOXO







1 comment: