Saturday, September 12, 2015

Early Morning Run in the Country

I was never one to wake up early in the morning. Before kids even getting up at 7am felt like a stretch and anything earlier than 6am (unless we were going wakeboarding or snowboarding) was unthinkable! But being a Mom has taught me that there is no such thing as sleeping in anymore. And the truth is I would gladly trade all the years of sleep for moments like this morning...

Ollie and Jed had us up bright and early, and up for them means being outside! I have actually come to love this time of day that we share together and today it wasn't just me and the boys, it was Saturday morning so Dadee was home too! Matt and I were hanging out on the back porch when we looked over to see Ollie (still in his undies) running full speed down the driveway with his head down, arms pumping as hard as they could, and legs flying while he kept a determined look on his face. It was seriously the cutest thing and I realized that he's been watching my scouts race on the driveway for the last few weeks as we've been working on physical fitness. A few minutes later his disappeared inside the house and then reappeared in front of me with his "running pants" on asking me to tie his shoes.


My favorite part is how he scrapes the dirt with his foot a few times before he takes off!


Pretty soon he had Dadee and Jed out there racing with him too. (Jed obviously had not taken time to go get his running pants on, and the bottle...he hasn't had a bottle in a year but somehow they found a bottle last night and Jed decided he wanted Orange Juice in it this morning. He has the kick you have to do in the dirt before you run down though!)




I think Dadee may have lasted one race and then he was off to the swing...the swing that he's kind of too big for!


The boys weren't ready to stop though, they had a few more races left in them...




Crossing the finish line as the sun came up...



And then Jed was all worn out too...


But not Ollie, he was done running but that didn't stop him from finding other things to do. Like finding a wooden sword and Karate chopping the tree...





And after the pipe ricocheted into his head he decided that the tree won so it was time to play football...







I will get up early every morning if it means spending it with you!
#allboy
#countryliving 



No comments:

Post a Comment