Sunday, November 11, 2012

Optimistic for the Future

Today is Sunday, the start of a new week and I am grateful for that. We had regional conference today. It was a bit different then those in the past, all of Arizona- all 95 stakes attended a broadcast that was done from the conference center in Salt Lake City. What stood out to me today was Elder Eyrings talk about being wisely optimistic about the future. After a devestating week, watching Obama get re-elected there has definitely been reason to feel pesimistic and worry about the future of our great nation, in part knowing that Ollie will not know the same America that I grew up in. Yet we of all people still have reason to hope and have faith in the future. We know the gospel will never be taken from the earth again and that there will be a Zion people here to welcome the Savior at his second coming. Elder Eyring spoke of the strength of the rising generation and I looked at little Ollie and all of his innocence and I do feel hope. There is still so much goodness, and so many good people with good values both inside and outside the church, how could we not have hope for the future? Especially when I look in those beautiful big eyes?


As for Ollie, it has finally cooled off in Arizona- this morning it was 45 degrees! Which means I can finally start pulling out all his warm clothes I bought him last year just waiting for him to get big enough and for it to get cool enough fr him to wear them. Sadly there are outfits he will never wear. I thought my drawer was full of 12 month outfits, but today I found another 6-12 month outfit that I forgot about. Luckily it still fits and hopefully he can wear it a few times at least. Here he is after church looking all adorable as he plays with one of his favorite toys- the remote!


No comments:

Post a Comment